A new version of appletrailerfs has been released. appletrailerfs brings you the Apple movie trailers to the Western Digital TV HD and your PC.
This release fixes some bugs:
- Most importantly it changed the database URLs, so you should definitely update because otherwise you won’t be getting any updates. I’m sorry for the inconvenience but I was forced change the update URLs and put the files behind a script to block excess downloads. Someone, either by accident or ill intent pulled the file every second and produced over 15GB of traffic in a few hours before I took the files offline.
- fixed: –hide-*-trailers parameters did not work anymore
- added: build flag for OpenTViX platform to set default update url and other parameters
- fixed: unsupported parameter –sort-by-update is marked as deprecated
- fixed: several bugs in the updater
- fixed: cleaned up source code in the updater
- added: new database for desktop systems that has only the mov and jpg files
An update is required for users because the old update URLs are invalid and thus you won’t get any more trailer updates until you upgrade the version.
Note: If you are using the application on the WDTV and made changes to the appletrailerfs.conf.txt file you should double check after this update that in case the parameter –sort-by-update is still there the line should be removed because in future versions it may produce an error.
The WDTV application image is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/appletrailerfs/files/Western%20Digital%20TV%20HD%20Images/appletrailerfs-0.3.3.1-beta-wdtv/appletrailerfs-0.3.3.1-beta-wdtv.zip/download.
As always, to use this you need ext3-boot or WDLXTV and you must copy all files from the downloaded ZIP file to your USB boot stick.
If you don’t want to use the GUI modifications just delete the file appletrailerfs.app.event from your USB boot stick.
All project files can be downloaded from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=259619.
For future developments and time frames have a look at the roadmap.