A new version of appletrailerfs has been released. appletrailerfs brings you the Apple movie trailers to the Western Digital TV HD and your PC.
This release fixes several bugs and introduces some new features (see screenshots below):
- added: complete OSD mod for the WDTV; all folders are now skinned and all appletrailerfs OSD pages are consistent
- fixed: some movie trailers were not parsed, about 30 new movies are available now
- updated moviejukebox (fixes problems with missing images and movie descriptions)
- files > 2 GB are supported
- several minor fixes in the database updater
- database support for OpenTViX platform
- new database format (see below)
The new database format is no longer specific for appletrailerfs but instead entries can be specified freely allowing anyone to create listings of remote files. For details take a look at the supplied JSON database file or the documentation.
An update is recommended for every user because the old update process will only be in place for a few weeks and then it will be discontinued.
The WDTV application image is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/appletrailerfs/files/Western%20Digital%20TV%20HD%20Images/appletrailerfs-0.3.3-beta-wdtv/appletrailerfs-0.3.3-beta-wdtv.zip/download.
As always, to use this you need ext3-boot or WDLXTV and you must copy all files from the downloaded ZIP file to your USB boot stick.
If you don’t want to use the GUI modifications just delete the file appletrailerfs.app.event from your USB boot stick.
All project files can be downloaded from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=259619.
For future developments and time frames have a look at the roadmap.